Dosage and Administration
Always take APPI-D syrup exactly as your physician has told you.
You should check with your physician or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Your physician will determine what dose is appropriate for you.
• The usual dose for adults is 1.5 mg of pizotifen each day (This is 30 ml).
• You may have been told to take your medicine once a day or you may have it split into three smaller doses.
• Do not take more than 3 mg (This is 60 ml) in a single dose. Do not take more than 4.5 mg (This is 90 ml) in a day.
Children (aged over 2 years)
• Children can take up to 1.5 mg of pizotifen each day (This is 30 ml).
• This is usually best given in two or three smaller doses.
• Do not give them more than 1 mg in a single dose (This is 20 ml).
A- If you take more APPI-D than you should:
Call your physician or go to the nearest hospital emergency unit immediately.
Overdose: some symptoms may observe like: nausea, drowsiness, hypotension, deep sleep, respiratory depression, slight dulling of senses and convulsions.
B- If you forget to take APPI-D:
If you forget to take a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it.
However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
C- If you stop taking APPI-D SYRUP:
Do not stop taking APPI-D unless your physician tells you to.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your physician or pharmacist.