Dosage and Administration
How to use Evitar
Always use Evitar Gel exactly as your doctor has told you.
You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Adults and elderly patients:
A thin film of the Evitar Gel should be applied once daily in the evening.
Evitar Gel should be applied to the infected skin only.
Application on healthy skin or skin folds should be avoided.
- In case of drying or irritation upon application of Evitar Gel, it is recommended to use an emollient inert fatty base on the treated areas of the skin to improve tolerability.
- It is recommended to use zinc ointment on the healthy skin around the infected areas to minimize irritation.
- The treatment period is usually up to 3 months and it can last for 12 months depending on clinical experience and tolerability.
- Using of Evitar Gel showing Individual variations regarding to efficacy and tolerability are possible.
It is recommended for patients with Evitar therapy to check with their doctor on a weekly basis.
- Children below 18 years old:
it is not recommended to use Evitar Gel in patients below 18 years old because its safety and efficacy has not been verified.
a- If you use more Evitar than you should:
If you use more Evitar Gel than you should, talk to a doctor or go to a hospital straight away.
Take the medicine pack with you. Excessive dermal application of Evitar Gel may cause skin redness, peeling, or local discomfort. Accidental ingestion of Evitar is possible and this may cause symptoms of vitamin A overdose (including: nausea, vomiting, headache, drowsiness, irritability, and pruritis) this symptoms are reversible.
b- If you forget to use Evitar :
If you forget to use the Evitar Gel, use it as soon as you remember, then go back to the normal schedule.
c- If you stop using Evitar :
Do not stop using Evitar Gel unless your doctor tells you to do so.
If you have any further question on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist