5 mg/5ml Hyoscine – N – butylbromide
Defopan is grape-anise flavored Hyoscine – N – butylbromide syrup. Hyoscine – N – butylbromide is antispasmodic with anti-muscarinic activity
Dosage and Administration
How to take Defopan
Always take Defopan syrup exactly as your physician has told you.
You should check with your physician or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Defopan syrup should not be taken continuously for long periods of time.
How much to take
Adults and children over 12 years
- The usual dose is 20 ml 4 times a day.
- For Irritable Bowel Syndrome, your doctor may give you a lower starting dose of 10 ml 3 times a day. This dose may be increased, if further relief is necessary.
Children 6 - 12 years:
- The usual dose is 10 ml 3 times a day.
Defopan syrup is not recommended for children under 6 years.
If you take more Defopan syrup than you should
If you take more Defopan syrup than you should, talk to a doctor or go to a hospital straight away.
Take the medicine pack with you.
If you forget to take Defopan syrup
- If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember.
However, if it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.